Upcoming HEPEX Workshops & related meetings
- 3 – 8 April 2022: the EGU 2022 Annual General Assembly will take place as a hybrid on-site (in Vienna) & online meeting. Find out about the sessions related to hydrological forecasting in this blog post. The abstract submission deadline is 12 January 2022, 13:00 CET.
- 9 May to 3 June 2022: the Scientific Assembly (IAHS 2022) will take place in Montpellier, France. Check the programme (IAHS website) and particularly the session “Forecasting and making decisions under uncertainty: ensemble approaches, evaluation methods and lessons learnt from post-event analyses” (see session 10, here), co-convened by Shaun Harrigan (ECMWF, UK), James Bennett (CSIRO, Australia), Marie-Amélie Boucher (Université de Sherbrooke, Canada), Celine Cattoën-Gilbert (NIWA, New Zealand), Fernando Fan (UFRGS, Brazil), Ilias Pechlivanidis (SMHI, Sweden), and Maria-Helena Ramos (INRAE, France). The call for abstracts is open (until 1 Dec 2021): here
Most Recent HEPEX Workshops and Co-organized sessions
- 5-9 December 2021: MODSIM (the bi-annual conference of the Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand) is coming up in December and you can now attend remotely or in person! Find out more in this blog post.
- HEPEX co-organized the Joint Virtual Workshop “Connecting global to local hydrological modelling and forecasting: scientific advances and challenges”, which took place on 29 June to 1 July 2021. It was held virtually and was co-organized by ECMWF – CEMS – C3S – HEPEX – GFP. Info here: Joint Workshop – Summary of the workshop: here
- The Early Career HEPEX (EC-HEPEX) initiative kick-off meeting took place on 7th May. More information here!
- The Joint H SAF/HEPEX workshop ‘Satellite inspired hydrology in an uncertain future’ tool take place at ECMWF in Reading UK on 25-28 November 2019. More about the workshop here.
- There were two sessions co-organized with HEPEX during the IUGG and IAHS Symposia, which took place in Montreal, Canada, from 8 to 18 July 2019: “H14 – Sub-Seasonal to Seasonal Predictions: Skill and Limits for Decision-Based Forecasting” and “H15 – Short-Range Hydrometeorological Forecasting”. A live feedback was provided and can be read here.
- The 2018 HEPEX workshop took place in Melbourne, Australia in February 2018.
Past HEPEX Workshops
Click here to access information and presentations from past HEPEX workshops.